Do you know that the most common cause of tooth loss among adults is gum disease? The good news is that gum disease is easy to treat at The Steele Creek Dentist in Charlotte, if it is detected in the early stages.
Regular check-ups are important, but there are warning signs for gum disease that everyone should be looking for.
- Gums that bleed frequently
- Gums that are tender, swollen, or very red, or gums that have visible pus in between them when they are pushed
- A bite that changes suddenly so that your teeth don’t seem to fit together correctly
- Detached gums
- A bad taste in the mouth or chronic bad breath
- Loose or separating teeth
If you are experiencing these symptoms, talk to us today. Since plaque causes gum disease, removing plaque through regular flossing is the key to healthy gums.
At The Steele Creek Dentist in Charlotte, we take gum disease very seriously. Not only is it a leading cause of tooth loss, it is also associated with health issues like diabetes and heart disease. So brush and floss your teeth twice each day, and see us for regular cleanings and checkups. Our services include general and cosmetic dentistry. Call for an appointment today!
Contact The Steele Creek Dentist:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):