Dentistry for Kids!
Are you looking for a children’s dentist? If you have a child under the age of 18, they should see a children’s dentist. The great news is that at The Steel Creek Dentist, we have fantastic children’s dentists waiting to treat your children!
Why is a Children’s Dentist Important?
Children are not mini-adults. They are constantly growing and changing, which comes with its own unique set of issues. You want your children’s dentist to be aware of what each stage of their development should be, so they can be properly treated.
What Services Do You Provide?
Your Children’s dentist provides all the same services your adult dentist does but focuses on your child’s needs.
- Infant Oral Health Exam
- Dental Cleanings
- Fluoride Treatments
- Cavity Treatments
- Early Detection of Teeth and/or Bite Issues
Helpful Tips for Parents
- Infants – Clean your infant’s gums after every feeding. The best way to do this is with a clean, damp cloth or soft gauze. Gently wipe the baby’s tongue and gums with the cloth.
- Early Teeth – If your baby has teeth before six months, make sure that you are wiping them down after every feeding, too.
- No Bedtime Bottle – We recommend that you not put your baby to bed with a bottle. Once their teeth start to grow in, this can lead to early childhood cavities.
- Fluoride Treatments – Fluoride treatments are not always necessary. However, depending on the amount of fluoride in the baby’s drinking water, your children’s dentist may recommend supplements starting around six months.
More Helpful Information
Here are some of the extra benefits of visiting a children’s dentist:
- Habits – We can provide advice on children’s habits, including thumb-sucking and the use of pacifiers.
- Brochures – We have a variety of brochures and educational material available to you during your visit.
- Relationship – When you have a children’s dentist, your child gets to develop a positive relationship that can minimize fears and promote better overall oral health.
Want to Learn More About Dentistry for Kids?
At The Steel Creek Dentist, we take your child’s oral health seriously. We want to establish good oral health habits from an early age. If you would like to talk to a children’s dentist, give us a call. Make your appointment today!