Are you looking for a permanent solution to your missing teeth? Implant dentistry may be for you! A dental implant is a small post that is implanted directly into your jaw. This implant can be used to support a variety of dental work, such as a crown, a bridge, or other prosthetic.
What Services Do You Provide?
At The Steel Creek Dentist, we:
- Perform Implant Surgery – We can perform the original implant surgery. This procedure can take a number of months, but the results can last a lifetime.
- Place a Dental Work – We can place prosthetics on the healed implant, including crowns and bridges.
- Restore Dental Work – We can restore the dental work that is connected to your tooth implant, even when we were not the ones to perform the original implant surgery.
What Types of Implant Dentistry Do You Perform?
- Traditional Implants – These implants are the most common and widely used.
- Mini-Implants – Mini-implants are a smaller version of traditional implants. These are often used when you don’t have enough jawbone for traditional implants.
What are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
- Long-Lasting – With proper maintenance, your dental implants can last you a lifetime.
- Confident Smile – When you know your prosthetics are secure, you may have more confidence when smiling!
- Natural Look – The dental work attached to an implant can be made of porcelain, which looks the most like your natural teeth and is stain resistant!
- Easier to Eat – Your implants work like natural teeth. You should not experience any shifting associated with other removable dental work. This can make it easier to chew your food.
How Does a Tooth Implant Work?
- Come in for your first appointment. X-rays may be taken during this visit. Together, we will determine if implant surgery is the right option for you.
- Implant surgery. The actual surgery can take several steps and several months, allowing time for your jaw and gums to heal.
- Once your implant is healed, we take impressions to prepare the dental pieces.
- When the dental pieces arrive, we will place and secure the dental work to your implant.
- Brush and floss regularly. Maintenance consists of your regular good dental hygiene practices. You should also attend all of your bi-annual checkups and cleanings.
Are You Ready for a Permanent Solution?
At The Steel Creek Dentist, we have experience with implant dentistry. We strive to make the process for each implant as smooth as possible. Do you have more questions? Want to talk about your implant options? Great! Call for your appointment today!