Dentures, or “false teeth,” are removable prosthetic teeth that are set onto a plate. Dentures are common and easy to care for and maintain.
Types of Dentures
- Full Dentures – If you are missing all your teeth on your top or bottom jaw, full dentures can be created as a replacement.
- Partial Dentures – Partial dentures are created when you are missing some, but not all, of your teeth.
What are the Benefits of Dentures?
- Fully-Functioning Teeth – It is difficult to eat and speak when you are missing teeth. Dentures can return your ability to chew your food and to speak clearly.
- Natural Looking – Dentures are designed to look as natural as possible.
- Comfortable Fit – The technology exists to make your dentures fit snugly against your gums.
- Long-Lasting – With proper care, your dentures can last anywhere from five to ten years.
- Look Younger – Missing teeth can change the structure of your jaw and make you look older. Dentures can return that structure and help you look younger!
Does My Insurance Cover Dentures?
It is possible that your insurance could cover some, or all, the cost of your dentures. It depends on your individual policy. When you come in for your appointment, we can look over your policy to let you know what is and is not covered.
How Do I Get Dentures?
- Consultation – The first appointment serves as a consultation. We will look over your dental history and the current state of your teeth to determine if false teeth are a good option for you.
- Impressions – In most cases, we use an intra-oral scanner to get digital impressions of your mouth. These impressions are sent to a laboratory, where your dentures are created.
- Check for Fit – Once the dentures arrive, we will check to make sure the fit is comfortable. When you are happy with your dentures, you are ready to go!
Are You Ready to Improve Your Smile?
At The Steel Creek Dentist, we know that dentures can help you feel more confident about your smile. We work hard to provide you with the best dentures possible. Instead of feeling like false teeth, your dentures can feel like a natural part of your smile. Are you ready to talk dentures? So are we! Call for your appointment today!