Do you need an emergency dentist? We usually don’t think about emergency dental care until it is almost too late. The great thing about The Steele Creek Dentist is that we have fantastic emergency dental care.
We are here for you when you need urgent dental help!
What Do You Consider an Emergency?
Emergencies come in all shapes and sizes. Here are some you should get attention for right away:
- A Severe Toothache – A severe toothache that is constant could be the sign of a compromised tooth.
- Broken Tooth – A broken tooth can lead to tooth loss if not tended to in a timely manner.
- Knocked-Out Tooth – Just because the tooth has been knocked out, it does not mean it cannot be saved. See your emergency dentist within half an hour for best results.
- Abscess – An abscess is an infection, usually on the gums close to your tooth root. It looks like a pimple. An abscess can be very dangerous, so come see us the moment you notice it.
- Object Stuck Between Teeth – If you have an object stuck between your teeth and you cannot gently remove it, come see us. Trying to force the item out can cause more damage to your teeth and gums.
- Deep Cut to Tongue/Cheek/Lips – A deep cut may require sutures. Come see our emergency dentist immediately.
Do You Have First Aid Tips?
- Severe Toothache/Broken Tooth/Abscess – Rinse with warm water. You can take an over-the-counter pain reliever, but do not put aspirin or another pain reliever on the gums or directly on the tooth. Come see us.
- Knocked-Out Tooth – Do not hold the tooth by the root, or it may be irreparably damaged. Gently rinse the tooth to remove debris. Try to re-insert the tooth into the socket. If you cannot, place the tooth in a cup of cold milk. Come see us right away.
- Object Stuck Between Teeth – Try to remove it gently with floss. Do not use a sharp tool, such as a toothpick, to remove the object. If you cannot remove it, come to our office immediately.
- Deep Cut – Rinse with warm water and take an over-the-counter pain reliever if necessary. Press gauze to the cut to stem the bleeding. Come directly to our office.
An Emergency Dentist You Can Rely On!
At The Steele Creek Dentist, we understand that emergencies are not planned. Our goal is to be ready to help as soon as possible. Don’t put off emergency dental care. Come see us today!