Have you ever noticed dark spots on someone’s teeth when they talk or smile? Many times, those spots are caused by silver amalgam and composite fillings. The fillings stand out in stark contrast to the teeth because they are so much darker. The good news is that there is an alternative!
White fillings work just like silver amalgam and composite fillings, but because of their color, they blend in with your natural teeth. This makes it more difficult to tell when you have had fillings placed.
What are Fillings For?
Fillings are used to close cavities. When your tooth gets a cavity, often caused by decay, we use filling to “fill” the cavity, strengthen the tooth, and return its full functionality.
What are the Benefits of White Fillings?
- White fillings are durable.
- They are versatile. They can be used as a cavity filling for your front and back teeth.
- They look natural. The color helps the filling to blend in with your natural teeth.
- They help strengthen teeth.
- Ideal for small to medium cavities.
What Happens When You Get a Cavity Filling?
- Come in for an evaluation. We will take a look at your teeth to determine:
- If you have a cavity
- If the cavity is the right size for a white filling
- Once you’ve agreed to the procedure, we will apply a numbing agent to your gums, teeth, and cheek.
- You may be eligible for sedation dentistry. Sedation dentistry includes:
- Nitrous Oxide
- Oral Sedation
- We drill out the decay from the tooth and clean it, so the decay doesn’t continue to spread.
- Once the tooth is clean, we add the filling and seal it.
A Cavity Does Not Have To Stop Your Smile!
At The Steel Creek Dentist, we know that it takes more than treating the problem to make you happy with your smile. Our work should look as natural and discreet as possible. We strive to give you a smile you can be proud of. Don’t wait. Call today!